My wonderful #SundaySupper family has put Creative Hot Dogs on this Sunday’s menu. I love hot dogs! I swear I could live off of them. There are so many great ways you can serve up hot dogs, or include them in your meals. They are more versatile than one might think, as you’re about to find out. This is all largely thanks to our wonderful event hosts Stacy from Food Lust People Love and Mary Ellen from Recipes, Food & Cooking.
So lets do this! Fire up the grill, prepare the microwave, pre-heat the oven, get out your roasting sticks and light that fire! However it is you like cooking your hot dogs. I’ve got some South of the Border goodness for you that you are going to want to give a try! Your family will love this. If you don’t like spicy food, don’t worry, you control the heat. Make it super spicy, medium spicy or not at all spicy. You pick!
Personally, I enjoy hot dogs on the grill, or roasted over a fire. For this recipe we grill them, but you can cook them any way you wish. But first, you’ll want to prepare the taco meat. I used ground beef, but you can use ground turkey if you wish to cut down on the fat. Just brown it up, and then add a packet of taco seasoning and the water called for on the packet. Simmer as per the instructions on the packet.
While you’re preparing the taco meat, you can get the cheese sauce heating up in a small saucepan. All it is, is a can of condensed Fiesta Nacho Cheese Soup. It was a bit too thick for my liking, which you can tell after it gets warmer. I just added a tiny bit of water at a time until it got to where I wanted it. One can is plenty of cheese sauce for 8 hot dogs, but I used two cans because I served some of the cheese sauce on top of fries to go along with this delicious hot dog.
Once the taco meat is cooked, and the cheese sauce is heated through, you can put them both on low, slap a lid on the pot and pan, and all that’s left to do is grill those dogs and build it! Split the hot dog bun, liberally spread guacamole over the inside of the bun. Then add your hot dog, top with taco meat, cheese sauce, crushed Doritos, and any other taco toppings your little heart desires, like red onion, sliced black olives, jalapenos, salsa, etc. The sky is the limit! You may want a fork and knife for this one.
Now dig in, and enjoy! Perhaps serve it like I did, alongside some cheesy fries. YUM!
Sunday Supper Creative Hot Dog Recipes
- Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs with Fruit Salsa by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Honey BBQ Hot Dogs by Home Sweet Homestead
- Hot Dog & Hamburger Cowboy Beans by Soulfully Made
- All American Hot Dog by The Freshman Cook
- Banh Mi Hot Dog by Cricket’s Confections
- Buffalo Hot Dogs by The Crumby Kitchen
- Copy Cat Detroit Coney Dogs by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Matcha Ochazuke Hot Dog Rice by NinjaBaker.com
- Memphis Hot Dog by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Philly Mushroom Swiss Dog (Low Carb) by My Life Cookbook
- Sauerkraut Stuffed Dogs by Gourmet Everyday
- South of the Border Hot Dogs by My Blissful Mess
Tex Mex Dogs
- Chili Cheese Dog Baked Potatoes by Food Lust People Love
- Burrito Dogs by Our Good Life
- Hot Dog with Chili Sauce by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Taco Hot Dog is Nacho Regular Dog by Sunday Supper Movement
- Hot Dog Breakfast Tacos by Pies and Plots
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.