Disclosure: Please note that some of the links are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase after clicking through the link. Please understand that I recommend them because they are helpful and useful, not because of the small commissions I make if you decide to buy something through my links. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.
Sunday Supper and I are back, and this time we want to gather around the picnic table. That’s right, we are bringing you some awesome ideas for your Labor Day cookout. Whether you choose to spend it on the lack, in a friend’s backyard, or in your own backyard, you won’t want to miss these recipes. So, take the day off, gather your friends and family, choose your picnic spot, and celebrate the last hurrah before Fall!
What I’ve chosen to bring to this Sunday Supper table for Labor Day, is a nice big juicy burger. I love burgers, and because I love them so much, I prefer to make them at home rather than eat them out at a fast food place. The quality is so much better, and nearly the fat and calories you’ll consume at your local fast food joint. Another plus side to making them at home, you discover how versatile burgers can be! You see, this isn’t just any burger. This, my friends, is a Fabulous Greek Burger with Feta and Tzatziki Sauce, and it’s oh so easy, so delicious, and truly fabulous. You’re gonna love it!
So lets start with the Tzatziki sauce. If you’ve never had Greek food, and you have no clue what in the world this sauce is, it’s just a cucumber/yogurt sauce, to put it simply. Seriously though, if you’ve never had this sauce, it’s gonna blow your mind when you try it. I very slightly adapted this sauce from one of my favorite blogs, Recipe Runner. To make the sauce, take your peeled and diced up English cucumber, non-fat plain Greek yogurt, a little lemon juice, dill, pressed garlic, salt and pepper and combine that together. Then I put it in a blender, pulsed a few times until smooth. Cover, and refrigerate until you’re ready for it. Nice little make-ahead dealy there. 😉
For your burgers, you’ll want an extra large bowl so you have room to work with. In this large bowl, mix your ground beef, crumbled fetta, red onion, garlic and hamburger seasoning. The best tool for mixing it up real good, your good clean hands. Once it’s all combined, I separate it out evenly into 6 large meatballs.
Press and shape your large meatballs into hamburger patties. I take my meatball that’s nice and packed tight, put it between wax paper, and smoosh it. Then peel the paper back, and shape the sides, patting out as needed. Then I line a baking sheet with wax paper and place my patties on that so that it’s ready for and easy for the Hubster to take them out the grill. My work is done here! It’s all on him now. 😆
And ladies & gentlemen, this is one of the reasons I love that man so much. Perfectly grilled, fabulous, juicy burgers and toasted buns. To assemble, just slather the bottom bun with that beautiful, mind-blowing Tzatziki sauce, top that with a beautifully grilled burger that’s loaded with feta and goodness, add your tomato slice, and top with baby spinach leaves, and then your top bun. Now finally, sit back, relax, and enjoy this burger, which happens to be our new favorite. Yes, even the kids!
Need something to go with it? Got ya covered! Serve this yummy burger up with a side of my Greek Pasta Salad. Perfect accompaniment! Have a safe and fun Labor Day folks! I hope you have found some inspiration for your own BBQ.
Labor Day Menu Ideas
Scrumptious Labor Day Sides and Starters
- Foil Pack Grilled Potatoes by Hardly A Goddess
- Four Bean Salad by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Jalapeno Popper Deviled Eggs by Sunday Supper Movement
- Pasta Salad with Baby Spinach and Sun-Dried Tomatoes by Simple and Savory
- Sausage and Peppers Salad by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Shelly’s Pasta Salad by Soulfully Made
- Sour Cream and Onion Potatoes by Cricket’s Confections
- Thai Spiced Shrimp Cabbage Coleslaw by Food Lust People Love
- Watermelon Caprese Skewers by Eat, Drink & Be Tracy
- Zucchini Parmesan Foil Packets by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Delicious Labor Day Entrees
- BBQ Chicken with Sweetcorn and Chorizo Salsa by Sprinkles and Sprouts
- Fabulous Greek Burgers with Feta and Tzatziki Sauce by My Blissful Mess
- Grilled Hasselback Fajita Chicken by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Maple Turkey Burger with Cheddar, Bacon and Apple by Caroline’s Cooking
- Pork Spiedini Hoagie by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Sous Vide Sirloin Steak with asparagus by Our Good Life
- Sriracha Deviled Crab Sandwich with Key Lime-Bacon Slaw by Gourmet Everyday
- Tom’s BBQ Spare Ribs by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Vietnamese Grilled Steak Salad by Palatable Pastime
Luscious Labor Day Desserts
- Blueberry Crisp Bars by Pies and Plots
- Fudgy Brownie Trifle with Chocolate Mousse by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Gluten-Free Chirashi Sushi Dessert by NinjaBaker.com
- No Bake Banana Split Pie by This is How I Cook
- Watermelon Treats by The Freshman Cook
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.