When our wonderful host Em Beitel at Sunday Supper started asking for rice recipes, this recipe for Slow-Cooker Chicken Cacciatore Over Rice was the first thing to hit my brain! I absolutely love this dish over rice. I know it’s mostly a chicken dish, but it just wouldn’t be the same without rice in my opinion. I love rice, and especially in a dish like this. This dish has a delicious sauce, but it’s a thin sauce. It’s not thick like a spaghetti sauce. That’s where the rice is a beautiful thing! It soaks up all that sauce and you don’t miss a single delicious drop.
Just a few days ago, I shared an easy Individual Baked Ziti recipe that is full of flavor yet low in fat. Well guess what folks? So is this Slow-Cooker Chicken Cacciatore Over Rice. Just look at all those pretty veggies! This dish is full of bell peppers, mushrooms and onions. Lots of tomato going on in there, and lots of seasoning. Great thing about cooking at home, you get to control how much seasoning. Want less salt? Use less salt. Super easy and fast for busy families. Prep your veggies the night before and store in the fridge. In the morning, put it all in the slow cooker, turn it on low and let it cook while you’re at work, or running errands or otherwise busy. Or heck… take a nap!
These are a few reasons why I love my slow cooker so much. In the market? This is the slow cooker I have, and absolutely adore it! Some recipes, usually soups and stews, will say to stir occasionally, but to do that you have to open the lid, and that’s taboo when slow cooking. You’re not supposed to open the lid. Plus, the entire idea behind a slow cooker is to dump dinner in it and forget about it. You can’t do that if you have to stir every now and again. So…this slow cooker, has an auto stir system. Problem solved!
End result, you are left with a beautiful dish of deliciousness. No one would ever guess that this dish, is healthy, and since I’m a Weight Watchers girl, I calculated this recipe at only 3 SmartPoints per serving. SmartPoints aside, even if you just want to add more healthy meals to your rotation, you’re going to love this.
Of course, in my house, there’s usually a salad involved. This recipe pairs very well with a nice crisp Caesar salad. I hope you enjoy this healthy and delicious recipe as much as we did, and it brings your family together around the table too!
Simple Rice Recipes for Dinner #SundaySupper
What’s for dinner?
- Butternut and Brown Rice Soup by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Crispy Rice Bites by Hardly A Goddess
- Easy Pork Fried Rice – Gluten Free by Cricket’s Confections
- Granny’s Sausage & Rice Casserole by Gourmet Everyday
- Italian Rice Pilaf with Toasted Almonds by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Meatloaf Stuffed Peppers by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Nasi Lemak – Malay Coconut Milk Rice by Sprinkles and Sprouts
Rice is for dinner!
- Olive & Date Rice Side Dish by My Life Cookbook
- Qatiqli Hu’rda (Uzbek Rice Soup with Yogurt) by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Savory Rice Porridge by Pies and Plots
- Slow Boat to China by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Slow Cooker Jamaican Rice and Peas Soup by Palatable Pastime
- Slow-Cooker Chicken Cacciatore over Rice by My Blissful Mess
- Sushi Roll Rice Bowl by The Freshman Cook
- Tex Mex Chicken Skillet by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Easy Paella Recipe with Beef and Shrimp by Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.